Market Access for medical device in Germany and Denmark
WORKSHOP: Successful development and implementation in Scandinavia do not necessarily lead to a successful sale in Germany. This workshop features an in-depth discussion of barriers of entering the German market and provide you network with relevant Danish stakeholders.
Campusvej 1, 14 floor
DK- 5230 Odense
Start: 19.11.2019 | at 10:00 AM
End: 19.11.2019 | at 1:00 PM
Changes in the Danish and German health care systems such as demographic change, increase the needs for innovative approaches when developing new solutions and medical devices. However, successful development and implementation in Scandinavia do not necessarily lead to a successful implementation in Germany. The market in Germany is differently structured, which introduces cross-border challenges.
This workshop focuses on the market entry and features an in-depth discussion of the market barriers for entering the German market. The workshop collects knowledge and discusses how to enter the German market and which barriers companies from Scandinavia can experience when entering the German market. During the day, there will be presentations of successful implementations of products on the German market but also lessons learned.
The workshop is part of the project Access & Acceleration. The project address cross-border challenges between Denmark and Germany in relation to Digital Health and Medical Technology. By developing an innovation platform, the project provides companies access to a high-level knowledge platform, tools for development, and a large network of companies, researchers, and clinical staff in Germany and Denmark.
The platform contains information on market launch strategies, and thereby market entry barriers to strengthen the growth potential of regional companies.
Your pay-off from the workshop
The day provides you with network and knowledge sharing with relevant stakeholders in the Danish ecosystem, including companies, researchers and consultants from universities and hospitals. By discussing the barriers, sharing experiences and networking, you will improve the chance of successfully entering the German market, and strengthen your cross-border networking.
- Companies with an interest in the Danish-German health market
- Healthcare stakeholders, including clinicians, health professionals and patients
- Researchers and students working with technology or healthcare
The workshop will be in English and facilitated by Professor Uffe Kock Wiil, University of Southern Denmark (SDU) and Chief consultant Claus Duedal Pedersen, CIMT - Centre for Innovative Medical Technology, at Odense University Hospital (OUH) and the University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
- Check-in: Presentation of participants and expectations
- Welcome and the introduction to the project Access & Acceleration (Uffe Kock Wiil and Claus Duedal Pedersen)
- A short example of Danish experiences: Patient@home
- Discussion about the market barriers in smaller groups
- Discussion on sale to the German healthcare sector
- Presentation and discussion
- Successful stories on implementation of products in Germany by Danish companies
- Lunch and networking
About Access & Acceleration
Access & Acceleration is a cross-border partner network for health innovation that ease companies access to hospitals and research institutions to accelerate the development of new sustainable digital health and medical technology. The project focuses on three stages of the innovation process: Ideation, Development and Market access, in the development of Digital Health and Medical Technology solutions.
Access & Acceleration activities:
- Building a cross-border partner network in the Danish-German border region
- Knowledge sharing events
- Developing a "best-practice" for ideation
- Implementation of pilot projects in digital health and medico technology
- Tools and methods that support access to the markets in Denmark and Germany