Digital Health & Care 4.0
Nordic cluster-to-cluster collaboration supporting Nordic SME’s to bring health and care technology to the German market through market insight, networking and product presentation. The project is supported by the Prime Ministers of the Nordic countries, under the Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges Initiative.
Digital Health & Care 4.0 supports small and medium sized enterprises (SME's) to bring Nordic health tech and digital care to the German market. The project enrols companies from all five Nordic countries through cluster-to-cluster collaboration, and provides a structured path guiding the companies from initial introduction to the German market, to in-depth market access knowledge, and market introduction at a major German healthtech exhibition.
The German cluster Gesundheitswirtshaft Hannover, that seeks to improve the efficiency in the German health and care sector through digitalisation and smart care technologies, provides insight to match Nordic solutions with German needs and challenges. This creates opportunities for the Nordic companies to seek out collaborations between Nordic companies, and between Nordic and German companies.
Demand meets supply
Germany has one of the fastest-growing populations in Europe, with still more people over 65. Along with increasing healthcare expenses and an urgent lack of care staff, Germany calls for reforms and improvements of efficiency through digitalisation and smart care technologies. The payment model in the German healthcare system has not favoured digital healthcare in the past. As a result, Germany is an ‘emerging market’ when it comes to digital health tech and thus a favourable opportunity for Nordic companies seeking to expand into international markets.
The Nordic countries have over the last decade invested heavily in developing new innovative products and technology-based care solutions. Including technologies such as e-health, health apps, artificial intelligence, intelligent logistics and automatisation. The Nordic healthcare systems and welfare models are quite similar, and technology-based care is an important element to secure care, welfare and quality of live for seniors and disabled people.
Digital Health & Care 4.0 strengthen the value chain collaboration between the Nordic companies. By joining the ecosystems of the five Nordic clusters the project creates a larger critical mass and increases the changes for successful access to the German market. The Nordic companies get access to a structured dialogue with German health-IT integrators, and the participants will gain insights of the challenges in the German care sector. This will create new ideas to collaboration and allow co-creation of new services, solutions and price models for the German market.
The Nordic companies will be taken through a knowledge transfer funnel in six steps, where they can benchmark their own product(s) against the German market:
1. Pre-seminars (4) about the German market for health tech and digital care. Delivered by German experts in the Nordic countries.
Video from the pre-seminars:
Presentations from the pre-seminars:
- DRG Systems
- Dt GW auf einen Blick
- Entering the Gernan Market
- German Market for Digital Health & Care
- Long term care insurance, nursing homes and outpatient care
2. Webinars (4) about the dos and don’ts in the German marked. Delivered by experts and experienced Nordic companies.
- 12.04.2019: Webinar about German Market Strategy, Presentation and more information about the webinar.
- 24.05.2019: Webinar about Selling on the German Market, Presentation and more information about the webinar.
- 21.06.2019: Webinar about Motivating German healthcare to invest, Presentation and more information about the webinar.
- 23.08.2019: Webinar about Market entry, presence and communication strategy, Presentation from Fingerspitz, Presentation from Life-Partners and more information about the webinar.
3. Study trip to Hannover (1) with field visits to hospitals and home care units, joint cluster-to-cluster workshop and matchmaking session.
- 10.-12.09.2019: Get more information about the Deep Dive study trip.
Presentation from the trip:
Presentations from companies:
- LMJ Consulting
- NE Device SW
- RUFF & CO
- VOC Diagnostics
- Zibo Care
4. MAST valuation and insights to benchmark own products to a German healthcare setting by using the European model for evaluation, MAST - Model for ASsessment of Telemedicine.
5. Market validation with German market experts giving participating companies an individual market validation and next steps into the German market.
6. Exhibition of products at a Nordic health care boot at Altenpflege 2020, a prominent German fair.
- 24.-26.03.2020: Read more about the event
Digital Health & Care 4.0 gives you
- Insight into needs and demands in German health and care sector
- Facts about the German market for health and care technology
- Networking with Nordic companies and potential partners in Germany
- Knowledge to benchmark own products with a MAST evaluation
- Market validation with German experts
- Nordic exhibition at a German fair
You can still become a part of Digital Health & Care 4.0
For companies that want to learn more or get involved in Digital Health & Care 4.0, please contact Michelle Esbensen, Welfare Tech, email@example.com
Partners in Digital Health & Care 4.0
- Welfare Tech (Denmark) – lead-partner
- Erhvervshus Fyn (Denmark)
- Business Region Göteborg (Sweden)
- Gesundheitswirtshaft Hannover (Germany)
- Innovation Centre Iceland (Iceland)
- Norwegian Smart Care Cluster (Norway)
- Oulu Health / Business Oulu (Finland)
Digital Health & Care 4.0 is supported by Nordic Innovation and the Prime Ministers of the Nordic countries, under the Nordic Solutions to Global Challenges Initiative. Project period: 28.08.2018 - 31.03.2020.